Super Bowl XLVII !!!!! // All Hail Queen B !!!!!



That's basically been me over the past week! So being British I don't know anything about no American Football and even though I do watch The Super Bowl every year I really don't understand, or care exactly what is going on during the games. BUT Beyoncé worked this years half-time show and OMG wasn't it UH-MAY-ZING!!!! I recorded that shit and everything!




So anyway going back to the start of the day. I don't own sporty clothes and I don't know which team to support exactly so I turned to twitter (@MsIndusty_) and asked who to support, now some of my twitter followers ain't exactly the best cause they told me that I gotta support the 49ers and the 49ers ended up LOSING! So umm yeah thanks Twitter for that one ;) also being away from home I had no access to my wardrobe so I ended up wearing a plain white top, teamed with my black Boy London skirt, heels and socks. Make up wise I kept it simple but added Red Lips and trademark football eye black strips. 




Jennifer Hudson's heartfelt performance of America The Beautiful was actually really good. What I didn't understand what the wonky button having, soft bondage looking white Scott L'Wren Scott pencil skirt was all about. It wasn't revolting but I just hated it! I feel like something... ANYTHING would of been better at taking the skirts place, but the Monika Chiang top and the YSL shoes were Amaze so I guess it made up for the ugly skirt. Plus being the face of weight watchers is definitely working for Hudson cause she looked FIITTTTTTTT !




Next up was Alicia Keys singing the National Anthem in an 18k Gold necklace from Marina B jewelry and her shockingly simple but extremely sexy Alia red mermaid gown. I personally thought the performance was stunning although she did drag on the song a bit, but the vocals were perfect and the fact that she was playing the piano was even better. The dress was definitely amazing through my eyes and I think it showed off her curves perfectly and the fact that it was red just given me a whole new meaning to the line "this girl is on fiiiiiiiirrrrreeeeee"



So anyway the game started and then I was just all like "ugghhh football, I'm bored, I don't even understand what's going on! How long until Beyoncé come on? Is Beyoncé coming on yet? this is so boring" AND THEN the best part happened! BEYONCE CAME ON MY SCREEN !!! 
Ahhhhh Beyoncé Beyoncé Beyoncé she was FIERCE !!! I was screaming, singing dancing along to all of it. This performance is the reason why the whole world loves her she's just fucking amazing !!!!!! Like she didn't disappoint at all, then again it IS Beyoncé. The black, racy Leather and Lace mini dress was sexual I loved it, small-time designer Rubin Singer truly impressed me with that outfit. When she started off that performance with a bit of "love on top" I was all like "mmmhmmmmm go bey bey *snaps fingers*". 



Then I loved the whole step dance routine during the switch-over between Crazy In Love to the End Of Time and then came my personal favourite part, Beyoncé actually sang Baby Boy!!! I was honestly not expecting Baby Boy in the mix but she put it in and she OWNED IT !!! With the whole illusion screen and the dance routine and the bad girl Caribbean attitude and don't even get me started on the DUTTY WHINE DUTTY WHINE DUTTY WHINE DDDDDDDD DUTTY WHINE!!!! Just ... AHHHHHHHH OMG !!!! Like I actually clapped and jumped up and down excitedly at that bit I was all like "GWAAANNNN B". 



Then jumped out the rest of Destiny's Child :/ ummm yeah.... well ... Kelly looked like she should of been an extra in Pretty Woman and Michelle, aww well she's just Michelle isn't she? (lol) But their entrances on the stage and the performance of independent women was great never mind the fact that Kelly's and Michelle's microphones were noticeably extremely quiet compared to Beyoncé's mic. It just kind of gave me a "what's the fucking point with them two?" feeling cause I just couldn't hear what the fuck they were singing especially during Single Ladies. But regardless, the whole Destiny's Child as one, on a stage was lovely and who doesn't love a bit of Destiny's Child? Then to finish off, the performance of Halo was very sweet. After that performance I just wished it was longer because who wants to watch a frigging football game after that?



On the football subject Congrats to the Ravens for winning 34-31 I ain't much of a fan of football but it was a great game.





No comments:

Post a Comment